Bromley Well provides support for young people who care for others - Young Carers.
We support Young Carers aged 4 to 19 to manage caring relationships whilst enjoying childhood.
There are two full-time Young Carer Workers. The service provides:
- A Young Carers App - a safe, secure, online space dedicated to young carers in Bromley borough
- Opportunities to meet with other young carers, have fun, discuss any worries and try out new activities
- Emotional support to discuss your caring role and any worries or questions you may have
- Individual therapeutic support by professionals from the Bromley Wellbeing Service in central Bromley
- Workshops to help develop your practical life skills
- Workshops to help you think about your mental wellbeing and develop strategies for managing emotions
- Leisure and social activities including outings and special events
- Quarterly Young Carers Forum for you to share ideas and discuss ways to improve and develop the service we provide
- Support for transition / changes in your life e.g moving to secondary school, changes in your caring role, preparing for adulthood
- Drop-in sessions during the school holidays.
Young Carers Awareness Day 30th January 2020
To mark #YoungCarersAwarenessDay (#YCAD) we called on local schools and colleges to help raise awareness of young carers and make sure they’re supported to achieve their potential.
Young Carers Awareness Day resources to download
Other resources to download