Bromley Well provides support for young people who care for others - Young Carers.
We support Young Carers aged 4 to 19 to manage caring relationships whilst enjoying childhood.
There are two full-time Young Carer Workers. The service provides:
- A Young Carers App - a safe, secure, online space dedicated to young carers in Bromley borough
- Opportunities to meet with other young carers, have fun, discuss any worries and try out new activities
- Emotional support to discuss your caring role and any worries or questions you may have
- Individual therapeutic support by professionals from the Bromley Wellbeing Service in central Bromley
- Workshops to help develop your practical life skills
- Workshops to help you think about your mental wellbeing and develop strategies for managing emotions
- Leisure and social activities including outings and special events
- Quarterly Young Carers Forum for you to share ideas and discuss ways to improve and develop the service we provide
- Support for transition / changes in your life e.g moving to secondary school, changes in your caring role, preparing for adulthood
- Drop-in sessions during the school holidays.
Young Carers Awareness Day 30th January 2020
To mark #YoungCarersAwarenessDay (#YCAD) we're calling on local schools and colleges to help raise awareness of young carers and make sure they’re supported to achieve their potential.
Young Carers Awareness Day resources for download:
Other resources for download: