Bromley Well handyperson service is for older people with mild frailty and other vulnerable adult residents of Bromley, who live in the community or are being discharged from hospital.
Our handyperson can carry out work to help keep your home safe and accessible.
Our staff are reliable, DBS checked, experienced providing services for older people and incredibly knowledgeable about their trade.
What type of work can be carried out?
- Minor repairs: fitting curtain rails, shelving, replacing tap washers, changing light bulbs and fuses
- Home security: installing key safe units and door security chains
- Safety measures: fitting grab rails, securing floor coverings, re-arranging rooms and moving furniture for easier and safer access
- Energy efficiency: installing draught excluders, bleeding and checking radiators
- Other minor works can be carried out on request, to enhance independent living.
Please note, the handyperson service is unable to complete painting/decorating, gardening, major plumbing, electrics and roof/heights work.
Who can use the Handyperson service?
Access to the free service is only available via:
- Princess Royal University Hospital Hospital staff from wards, Clinical Decision Unit, Discharge Lounge, Emergency Department or Urgent Care
- Orpington Hospital Frailty Unit
- Transfer of Care Bureau
- Bromley Local Authority staff including GPs and Social Care Practitioners.
Ask your GP, Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Social Worker about a referral.
If you are not eligible for the free handyperson service but live in the Borough of Bromley, we offer the service at an hourly rate of £40 per hour.
To use the service please call Bromley Well 07985 434 262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for download