Bromley Well handyperson service is for older people with mild frailty and other vulnerable adult residents of Bromley, who live in the community or are being discharged from hospital.
How to use the service
We have a free service which is accessible via referral from health and social care professionals. Most of these referrals are for people leaving hospital or in the community requiring adaptions to aide their safety.
Our staff are reliable, DBS checked and experienced at providing services for older people. They are incredibly knowledgeable about their trade.
If you are not eligible for the free handyperson service but live in the Borough of Bromley, we offer the service at an hourly rate of £40 per hour.
What type of work can be carried out?
- Minor repairs: fitting curtain rails, shelving, replacing tap washers, changing light bulbs
- Home security: installing key safe units and door security chains
- Safety measures: fitting grab rails, securing floor coverings
- Energy efficiency: installing draught excluders, bleeding and checking radiators
- Other minor works can be carried out on request, to enhance independent living.
Please note, the handyperson service is unable to complete painting/decorating, gardening, major plumbing, electrics, furniture moving and roof/heights work.
To use the service please call Bromley Well 07985 434 262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for download