Do you have Post COVID Syndrome?
For some people, coronavirus (COVID-19) can cause symptoms that last weeks or months after the infection has gone. This is sometimes called post-COVID-19 syndrome or "long COVID".
How long it takes to recover from COVID-19 is different for everybody.
Many people feel better in a few days or weeks and most will make a full recovery within 12 weeks. But for some people, symptoms can last longer. Read more about the symptoms at NHS.UK
What Support is there for people in Bromley?
Bromley Well is part of a service which supports people whose signs and symptoms of COVID-19 continue for more than 12 weeks and are not explained by any other diagnosis.
Following a diagnosis of Post COVID Syndrome, your GP or Consultant may discuss a referral to this service with you.
An Occupational Therapist will co-ordinate your care which consists of a variety of healthcare staff from Consultants, GPs, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists (OT) and Bromley Well Support Workers.
The aim is to identify an appropriate plan to support your recovery whether that is through management of your symptoms or rehabilitation.
Your support plan includes:
- a comprehensive initial telephone assessment where your current symptoms are discussed, how these impact on your daily life and the areas of priority to be addressed
- group education sessions focusing on self-management strategies and techniques
- personalised therapy sessions focusing on specific symptoms - determined on individual patient need
- onward referral and signposting as appropriate
- peer support groups for you to share your experiences and receive support from other group members.
Using the service
The Post COVID Syndrome Service is only available via referral from your GP or your consultant at the Hospital Post COVID Assessment Clinic.
Find out more at Bromley Health Care's website.
Bromley Well Factsheet (courtesy Self Care Forum)
British Lung Foundation Long COVID Toolkit - to help identify and prioritise your needs, what you can do next and the help you should get. It’s anonymous and takes around 5-10 minutes to complete.