Adult Carers Support Service
We support unpaid carers aged 19+. You are a carer if you:
- Look after someone with a long term health condition, illness, disability or mental health condition
- You're supporting them to do everyday tasks e.g. washing / dressing / feeding
- You do this unpaid.
Why register as a carer?
You don’t have to tell anyone that you’re a carer, but it can be useful to register as a carer if you are trying to access certain grants or services. You can register with the Bromley Well Carers Support Service by calling Bromley Well freephone 0808 278 7898 or email email@example.com. Don’t forget to ask your GP to register you as a carer too.
What's available for Carers?
Bromley Well provides free, practical and emotional support to help you continue in your caring role. We'll help you increase your resilience, build on your existing skills and introduce new ones. We also support you to look after your own health and wellbeing and provide opportunities for you to meet and socialise with others.
- Information - support, research and guidance for carers
- One to one practical and emotional support by phone, messaging and face to face
- Help you think about and plan for the future, including emergency situations
- Support you to self identify as a carer and register as a carer with your doctor
- Support you through changes in your caring role. Whether your "cared for" moves into supported living, palliative care or dies, we'll help.
- Chance to take part in free, practical training courses and workshops to build resilience, enhance your skills, meet others and have some fun!
Point you in the right direction for other, relevant carers support and services
- Regular social activities to meet other carers, share information and support each other
- Quarterly Carers forum to share information and give you the chance to tell us what you think about the services we provide
- Coping with Life as a Carer Course. This is a free, 4 week, practical online course. Keep an eye on our What's On page for details of forthcoming courses in 2021. Here's the October 2020 course for an idea of what to expect.
- Check our What's On page for upcoming meetings and events for carers.
We also aim to raise awareness of the issues faced by Carers throughout the community by providing “Carers Awareness Training” for health, social care and related agencies. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download our Newsletter