1. Introduction

Bromley Well Services are provided by Bromley Third Sector Enterprise (BTSE)

BTSE always aims to provide a high standard of care in all of the services it oversees.

Our customers’ views are important to us and help to ensure our services are consistently meeting people’s needs. If you are unhappy with any of our services it is important that you let us know.

If a complaint alerts us to possible abuse or neglect we will tell the Council’s Adult Safeguarding team. The Safeguarding Team will decide how to investigate and monitor outcomes.


2. Making a suggestion

Often people feel more comfortable about suggesting improvements rather than complaining formally. Anyone receiving services, and their friends/ family, may make a suggestion.

First you should speak to a member of staff who may involve their manager.

If the suggestion is something that Bromley Third Sector Enterprise as an organisation needs to consider you can send it to:

Chief Executive Officer,

Bromley Third Sector Enterprise CIO

Community House, South Street, Bromley BR1 1RH

Email: admin@btse.org.uk

Telephone: 020 8315 2573 


3. Making a complaint about Bromley Well services

We aim to handle complaints quickly, effectively and in a fair and honest way. We take all complaints seriously and use valuable information from investigating to help us improve the service we provide. We treat all complaints in confidence.

Bromley Third Sector Enterprise assures clients and their families that it will not withdraw or reduce services because someone makes a complaint in good faith.


4. Who can complain

Anyone affected by the way Bromley Well provides services can make a complaint.

A representative may complain for the affected person if they:

  • have died
  • cannot make a complaint themselves, or
  • have given consent for the representative to act on their behalf.

If you are not happy about making a complaint yourself and you do not know someone who can talk or write to us on your behalf, we will be happy to find someone from an independent organisation to act as an advocate for you.


5. How you can make a complaint

You can complain:

  • in person
  • by telephone
  • through a member of our staff
  • through an advocate or representative.

Where someone complains orally we will make a written record and provide a copy of it within 3 working days.

You can also complain

Send your complaint to a member of Bromley Well staff or to the Chief Executive, BTSE, Community House, South Street, Bromley BR1 1RH admin@btse.org.uk T: 020 8315 2573 .


6. Anonymous complaints

We deal with anonymous complaints under the same procedure; however it is better if you can provide contact details so we can tell you the outcome of our investigation.


7. Responsibility

The Chief Executive Officer has overall responsibility for dealing with all complaints made about Bromley Well services.

We will provide, as far as is reasonably practical:

  • any help you need to understand the complaints procedure or
  • advice on where you may get that help.


8. How we handle complaints

The Chief Executive Officer may ask one of the management team to investigate the complaint. That person will have enough seniority and experience to deal with the issues raised by the complaint.

If the complaint is against the Chief Executive Officer, you should complain directly to the Chair of Trustees at the following address:-

BTSE Chair of Trustees,

Bromley Third Sector Enterprise,

Community House, South Street, Bromley BR1 1RH.


We will acknowledge a complaint within 3 working days and give you the name and contact details of the person investigating it.

We will keep you informed about the progress of the investigation. We aim to have all complaints finished within 28 working days unless we agree a different time scale with you.

When we have finished investigating, we will arrange to meet with you to discuss the outcome, and write to you with:

  • details of the findings
  • any action we have taken and
  • our proposals to resolve your complaint.


9. Time limits

You should complain as soon as you can after the date on which the event occurred or came to your notice. If you complain more than twelve months later, we may not be able to investigate properly. But we shall also consider whether you had good reason for not making the complaint sooner and whether, despite the delay, it is still possible to investigate the complaint effectively and fairly.


10. Further steps

If the matter has not been resolved, or if there is no satisfactory outcome within four weeks of the date the Chief Executive received the written complaint, the matter should be referred to:

BTSE Chair of Trustees,

Bromley Third Sector Enterprise,

Community House, South Street, Bromley BR1 1RH

020 8315 2573 


The Chair will then discuss the matter confidentially with a sub-committee of a minimum of 3 Trustees and convey the result to the complainant in writing.

At any stage during the process, if you are not happy with the way the service is dealing with your complaint you can contact the Chair of BTSE Board of Trustees.

Please note: The decision of the BTSE Chair and Board of Trustees about any complaint is usually final. If however,  once we have dealt with your complaint,  you are not happy with the outcome you can refer your complaint to the London Borough of Bromley Commissioners and ask for it to be reviewed.

You can contact the London Borough of Bromley at:

Tel: 020 8464 3333 switchboard

Website: www.bromley.gov.uk

NB: The London Borough of Bromley will not normally investigate a complaint until the provider has had an opportunity to respond and resolve matters.


Last reviewed: Feb 2024