If you or someone else is in danger, call 999 or go to A&E.


Bromley Council

The council switchboard and Customer Contact Centre in the Civic Centre are open 8.30am-5pm Monday to Friday. Call 020 8464 3333.

For emergencies outside normal hours call 0300 303 8671.  

Bromley Council Social Services emergencies only call 0203 036 1574.


What to do if you have concerns about a child or an adult’s welfare

If you think that a child or young person under the age of 18 years old, who lives in the borough, is being abused or neglected, contact the Children and Families Hub, Tel: 020 8461 7373 / 7379 / 7026,  Address: Civic Centre, Stockwell Close, Bromley, BR1 3UH, mash@bromley.gov.uk

Outside of office hours and at weekends and public holidays contact the 'out of hours contact' service on 030 0303 8671. If you are seriously concerned about a child's immediate safety, dial 999. 

More information on the Bromley Safeguarding Children Partnership website.


If you have any concerns about an adult check the phone contact details and online form available on Bromley Safeguarding Adults Board website.


Homelessness and housing

Bromley Council Housing is on 0208 461 7721 from 8.45am-5pm, Monday to Friday, with the exception of Wednesday 1pm-5pm or email them on housing.options@bromley.gov.uk.

If you need housing assistance, outside of normal hours, please call the council’s emergency housing service on: 0300 303 8671.

More information on the Council website. 


Clarion Housing Group

The emergency contact for Clarion Housing (formerly Affinity Sutton Housing Association) tenants is 0300 500 8000. You can report emergency repairs 24/7, 365 days a year. More information on Clarion Housing website.


Bromley Homeless Charity

Open Monday to Thursday 10 am to 4 pm at the United Reformed Church in central Bromley, next to Boots on Widmore Road.

You can also arrange an appointment with the Advice Service by phoning on 0208 460 0042 or emailing info@bromleyhomeless.org. Please give your name, phone number and outline your problem. More information on Bromley Homeless website.


Domestic abuse

National 24hr domestic violence helpline 0808 2000 247.

Bromley and Croydon Women’s Aid (BCWA) offer free support and advice to all Bromley residents who have experienced domestic abuse. To speak with someone trained to provide you with emotional and practical support: Phone: 020 8313 9303  Email: info@bcwa.org.uk

More information on Bromley and Croydon Women's Aid website

More information about available support is available on the NHS website.


Mental health

If you or someone else is in danger, call 999 or go to A&E now.

Mental Health Crisis Line: 0800 330 8590 (24 hour service) run by Oxleas NHS Trust.  More information about mental health crisis help on Oxleas NHS website


Hospitals and health

For expert help and advice on minor accidents, family illness or fast medical help,  Call 111 or visit the NHS 111 website


Accident and emergency departments

Princess Royal University Hospital, Farnborough Common, Orpington, Kent, BR6 8ND,  Tel: 01689 863486

Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Stadium Road, Woolwich, London, SE18 4QH, Tel: 0208 836 6846 (Urgent Care Centre) / 0208 836 4361 (A&E)

University Hospital Lewisham, Lewisham High Street, London, SE13 6LH,  Tel: 020 8333 3358 (Urgent Care) Tel: 020 8333 3042/3043 (A&E) 

Darent Valley Hospital, Darent Wood Road, Dartford, Kent, DA2 8DA, Tel: 01322 428100 (A&E)

Queen Mary's Hospital, Frognal Avenue, Sidcup, Kent, DA14 6LT Tel: 020 8302 2678 (Urgent Care only, no A&E)


Urgent Care Centre at Princess Royal University Hospital

If you have a condition that is not life-threatening but needs urgent attention – such as cuts and bruises, a mild chest infection, a cough or cold, fever, sickness, vomiting or a simple fracture – go to the Urgent Care Centre at Princess Royal University Hospital, Princess Royal University Hospital,  Ground floor, North Wing, Tel: 01689 863486, Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

You can also call NHS 111 if you need health information or reassurance about what to do next.



In an emergency call 999.  All 999 calls are free and can be made from any phone, including mobiles. All 999 calls are recorded and you are breaking the law if you make a hoax emergency call.

How to make a silent call to 999.

Bromley Police Station is at High Street, Bromley, BR1 1ER.  Police Safer Neighbourhood Teams in Bromley are listed on the Met Police website.



If you think you have a gas leak or can smell gas, leave the house and phone the National Gas Emergencies number immediately on 0800 111 999 (free 24 hour number)

More on gas emergencies from the Gas Safe Register



If you have an electrical emergency you should contact your own electrical supplier. 



Thames Water emergencies